Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2009 update

What a year it has been since I last posted. FINALLY have my mom ( 91 next week) here with us since 3/08. Dementia but other wise good health. Mother-in-law Nanny (93) was here a total of 4 months last year too. Guess my cooking isn't too bad! Quite a summer to remember-2008. Uno & dominos daily in the breezeway or on the deck. 4th of July fireworks. Olive Garden. The two enjoyed each others company. This summer having just mom takes my full attention and Nanny is cared for by her daughter in PA.

Got a new pal for Harley 8/08. Miss Hattie! She's a 35 lb. pug/jack russell ( I'm told). Got her from Friends of Noah in Amelia, Ohio. Took a few months for the two to bond, but now they are good buddies. Biggest challenge is getting Hattie to travel in the truck with me. Harley loves to ride shotgun, but Hattie just isn't quite ready to enjoy the outings.

Made a quick 36 hr visit to MI 9/08 to check up on Ed & CIndy, now owners of Peerless Rattan. What a perfect setting they have for the mail order operation. Also have become gentlemen farmers with pumpkins, chickens( first egg recently!) and large garden. Retirement scenario at 55!!

Family was all together for Father's Day. Henderson NV and Delaware OH. 16 in all enjoyed Rudy's Ribs & fixins here in the studio, Then a photo treasure hunt around the property for the 6 youngest kiddies.

Weaving here in my two acre woods is still a blessing. I don't hold seat weaving classes at EU right now. Need to be here at home most of the time. But work has been coming in to me at a record pace. A normal month is 15 projects. Last month I set a record at 29 and I've past 12 already this month. Love to weave cane!!! Retirement scenario at 66.

Hope to make it to the 9/12 gathering in DC. Missed the Civil Rights March. Want to see first hand this important rally that I know will go down in history for many years to come. ( Hubby agreed to cover for me here at home).

Blessings to all who are reading my memories

Until----- Helen, Chairs Caned

No comments: