Friday, October 19, 2007

Day of the Big Move

Tomorrrow 10/20/07 will be the last day I sell caning supplies under the name Peerless Rattan. At 12 noon I will begin the final count of inventory, disassemble the spline rack, fibre rush metal frame & pressed cane storage unit. Other capital goods & some supplies have already been stored in a grouping ready for the Penske rental on Monday. Chuck Rowland, son-in-law of a weaving friend, has agreed to help me pack the Penske and then on Tues. hubby & I will drive it to Findlay, (meeting the new owners Ed & Cindy Hammond, half way) where we will exchange final paperwork & Ed will then drive the Penske on to Walled Lake ,MI its new home, ready to continue on Wed. Peerless Rattan is known for it's quick customer mail order response. Order today--shipped out today.

It's been an exciting year, in the making of this transiiton. New catalog & on line website for Ed & Cindy----sales@peerlessrattan.com. and New website for me--- chairscaned.com ,where I have offered seat weaving patterns, with photos, that are downloadable at no cost. But the biggest change for me is having no set hours. Customers wanting their caned seats replaced can call ahead or take a chance that I'm home.

I do plan to continue to make seat weaving the biggest part of my weekdays as well as leading classes at Elderly United in Springfield, OH. Beginning Friday, Nov. 9th-- 9 AM to noon --- a weekly, continuous seat weaving class. Bring your own project or I might have a chair or rocker you'd like to have for a project.Call me to help you decide the correct materials & tools for your project at 937-882-9389. Cost is $3.00 to the center each Friday you participate. Call Elderly United,Penny or Randy, at 937-323-4948 if interested.

On with my day and the final count down to-do list. And thanks for checking in.

No comments: